Article posted on February 5, 2018
Aggie Days gives urban kids a small glimpse of life on the farm. It is an opportunity to see, experience and learn about farming and where food comes from.
Calgary Aggie Days - April 11 to 15.
The first three days, Wednesday to Friday, are reserved for school groups. Saturday and Sunday will be open to the public. Admission is free, hours from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day. Attendance is expected to be over 40,000 people over the five days. For more information. click here.
Lethbridge Aggie Days - April 24 & 25.
Lethbridge Aggie Days will be open to the public both days, with free admission, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Exhibition Grounds. For more information on Lethbridge Aggie Days. click here
Visit AIPA's display booth which includes
1) A model farm where kids can play with toy tractors with front-end loaders, balers, grain trucks, and farm animals.
2) Kids can help make flour out of wheat.
3) Puzzles. Kids can put puzzles together with pictures of wheat fields, pivots, cows, irrigation canals and more.
4) A 4 ft. long display of an irrigation pivot.
5) Display of the different foods grown with irrigation in southern Alberta.
6) Colouring sheet and an irrigation puzzler to take home with a green tote bag.
7) A lot of interesting information about irrigation.
Hope to see you there!
Last Updated: Monday, February 05, 2018